Monastery in the village Rechula, new day of a life Rechulsky in honour of Christmas Saint of the Virgin of a monastery.
The monastery in village Rechula, here a silent rustle of black hems is mixed with foliage rustle. Whisper of prays is not audible almost because of crackling of candles. A deal floor устелен set of multi-coloured paths. The incense smell muffles a fragrance of colours. A dawn. Orange beams paint walls of temples, creep in windows of cells. However, to awake with it there is nobody. That here there in a court yard will flash black клобук. A dark wing will rise a floor. The sacred monastery, a haven of those who has once and for all selected the course of life, has already woken up. New day of a life Rechulsky in honour of Christmas Saint of the Virgin of a monastery has begun.
These days in a monastery life was much. It was based on an outcome of XVIII century by priests of village Pashkany, namely John and Andrey Roshka by means of Simeon and Konstantin Stratu. Though annals in opinions disperse: in other documents priests Ion Хоря and Леонтий Баряк are considered as founders. Anyway, but 1797 for inhabitants of village Rechula was marked by monastery opening. For peasants it meant though any revival of an economic life, possibility to receive spiritual blessing. The monastery man's was primary, but in 1811 monks have passed in the next monastery, and in Рэчуле sacred sisters from the abolished Manovsky monastery have lodged. Nuns, обстраивая the monastery day after day worked. In 1845, under a management игуменьи Ефросиньи, it was possible to finish building of summer church in honour of Christmas Saint of the Virgin. Has passed ones and a half more ten years, and in a monastery there was St. Nikolay's winter temple.
In second half XVIII centuries in Russia, and, in particular Bessarabia, at full speed there were reforms, gradually there was a system of tserkovno-parish formation. In 1811 викарный bishop Dimitry (Сулима) has opened the first tserkovno-parish school at a monastery Cocks. The Church role in formation of peasants has amplified in connection with cancellation of the serfdom and preparation of country reform in Russia. The sacred Synod in 1858 has obliged priests to open initial parish schools, and in 1864 Position about parish trustee and tserkovno-parish schools »on which the clergy has been obliged to train country children in the reading and writing has been confirmed«. On the basis of these decisions «for literacy and education distribution as the means, capable to destroy a different sort of superstition and prejudices and through it научать to correct understanding of belief Christian» under the order of archbishop Antonija began to open elementary schools and in Bessarabsky arrivals. They have been supplied by abc-books and the book translated into the Moldavian language «Rudiments of the Christian doctrine». Schools opened under the influence of priests who during services called parishioners to literacy training. Thus the motivation was applied the most simple: to peasants, as an example, specified in higher standard of living of their more formed colleagues from among Jews and Old Believers. Money for the maintenance of schools it was offered to take from «половинной parts of means from rent of pubs».
Did not differ erudition and nuns of the Rechulsky monastery. Therefore, the elementary school which has opened at a monastery has sheltered behind school desks not only country children, but also a part of young nuns. The simple program of training included reading and writing studying, reading of the Scriptus, arithmetics basis. The truth there was it already in the XX-th century beginning, during management of a monastery игуменьи Evgenies (Чумашу). At it in a monastery the new summer church instead of old has been constructed, the quantity of cells, economic constructions has increased, the house for игумений a monastery has been erected. Thoughts of sacred sisters have addressed not only on spiritual beauty, but also on quite real objects. Therefore soon the central input in a monastery was decorated with poplar avenue, beds have been broken into territories and front gardens.
The silent life shipped in spiritual experiences has been broken during war. Monastery temples have suffered slightly, but fights passing nearby to calmness had no. And in 1959 the Soviet power has spent audit of operating monasteries and temples of Moldova. The Rechulsky monastery has stopped the existence.
Walls of a winter temple have decorated with bright posters with persons of happy members of the Komsomol. Instead of an altar have erected a scene. Have put chairs. The temple became the culture house. Communist Party meetings on weekdays, dances - on days off. The bell question has solved a tractor. Summer church has not carried absolutely: it have transformed into a warehouse. Though, in another way also could not be: presence of two "cultural" institutions on one village the Soviet power was not provided.
But, as is known, all sometime comes to an end. A monastery have revived in 1990. Have repaired temples and cells, has taken the place and church utensils, have put in order a court yard and a belltower.
That here there, black coverlets of Christ's brides flash. Whisper of thankful prays is heard. Here and a decline. One more day from a life of the Rechulsky monastery in honour of Christmas Пресвятой of the Virgin has ended.
photo by Valerii Corcimari