Among century wood, in an environment of hills, on the bank of the river Kogylnik one of the most beautiful monasteries of Moldova - monastery Hincu has settled down. Its occurrence on the Moldavian earth surrounds set of legends. In the end of XVII century Moldova constantly was exposed to the Tatar attacks. Did not become an exception and vicinities Lapusna where at that time lived together with the daughter сардар Mahalca Huncu. Sort Хынкулесков at that time was famous for bravery and fearlessness, and itself сардар «the leader бессарабских men of courage» already has had time to cause a stir active participation in revolt against despotism George Duka. But forces were unequal, сардар together with daughter Iljanoj has preferred to seek safety in flight - too was Tatars much, not to win. Having got tired of a pursuit, they have stopped on the bank of the river to have a rest and the boyar has sworn, that if remains is live, will construct in this place church. That time the God pardoned sort Хынку, Михалчя has constrained a word, and is fast on a fine glade there was a beautiful, cosy church. And already in 1678, thanks to donative on the earth, monastery creation has been confirmed. The daughter of the boyar - Иляна, accepted in a monkhood a name Paraskeva became one of the first насельниц to a monastery.
First half of next century has brought to a monastery set of troubles: in one of attacks Tatars have burnt church, have destroyed cells. The monastery has become empty about 60-years of XVIII century while nephew Mihalchi Hynku, Magnifier Хынку has not asked to revive celibate priest Varlaama from the Verzereshtsky monastery a monastery. By then Magnifier Хынку became rather well-founded boyar, and means for revival of a monastery did not regret. Thanks to diligence of celibate priest Varlaama by 1872 round a monastery gardens have been broken, sowed weeding, cells are repaired, building of one more temple «the Assumption of Divine mother» has begun. The number насельников grew, new cells were under construction, the life of nuns was adjusted. But prosperity proceeded not for long: in 1804 captain Shtefan Katarzhiu has autocratically grasped a part of the earths of a monastery. The prior of a monastery has made the complaint, the Sofa recognised correctness of monks, and the captain continued judicial lawsuits. The fire as which instigator have counted the captain became result of contentions. The monastery should be built up practically anew. However, these sad events have not prevented a monastery to develop, and in 1816 under the decision of metropolitan Benulesku-Bodoni the monastery became a monastery. Among priors of a monastery especially prove celibate priest Dorofej. It operated a monastery with 1832 for 1843. On a place of old, wooden church «Assumption of Divine mother» it has built up new, stone, for carrying out of services during winter time. New cells have been constructed also - the number of brothers constantly grew, is built трапезная, barns, a smithy and a joiner's workshop. Round a monastery five chinks from which water arrived on clay pipes have been drilled. By the way, in those of year even in Kishinev the waterpipe was in a working out stage. To the middle of XIX century monastery Хынку became the richest monastery in territory Бесарабии. Archives testify, that in a monastery economy there were 768 sheep, 20 rams, 242 kids, 22 bulls, 39 cows, 6 horses and 33 goats. Already to the beginning of the XX-th century to a monastery belonged about 60 hectares of the earth, including wood, lake, gardens and fields.
Prosperity of a monastery the beginning falls in 1944. The part of monks has left to Romania, the part has been arrested. But the monastery has existed till 1956, not looking at all that practically all property has been selected by the new power.
Monastery revival has begun in 1992. A monastery have opened, and young novice Zynaida Kazaku became the first nun. In the presence of metropolitan Vladimir it has given a monastic vow and Paraskeva, in honour of that, the first Paraskeva, the daughter of boyar Hynku has accepted a name. Now mother Paraskeva - the mother superior. The circle has become isolated, and the monastic complex is intensively restored and to this day.
Now in a monastery two churches. Sacred Saint Paraskeva's temple is constructed in 1835. In lines national Moldavian style is traced, but influence of classicism, rather fashionable in those is felt of year also. In fifteen metres - a winter temple of "the Assumption of Divine Mother», further - restored трапезная and cells. Accurate paths, flowers, a source - all breathes rest and tranquility. Sunday services collect all neighbouring population, specially there come believers from Kishinev and other cities of Moldova.
The monastery history totals 330 years, but also until now it remains to one of the most beautiful monasteries of Moldova.
photo by Valerii Corcimari