National Art Museum in Chisinau - this building is located almost at the intersection of Pushkin Street and 31 th of August, more fortunate than the other historic buildings in our city. Built in the century before the project Bernardazzi great, it has long served as home to a science, it housed the high school for girls Natalia Dadiani - Princess, organized at home, one of the first schools of its kind. By the time the need for a gymnasium, according to authorities, no longer building, strangely enough not been turned into a hospital or warehouse. Soon it became a haven for the collection of art works from the collection of the municipality of Chisinau, which was founded in 1939. Initiator of the museum became famous Moldavian sculptor Alexander Plamadeala, a collection framework was laid during the Tenth Exhibition of Fine Arts Society of Bessarabia in 1939.
History of Art in Chisinau is an enviable dynamism. In the middle of XIX century in the provincial capital, there were no art schools or colleges. Flourishing handicrafts, yes. And the painting and sculpture virtually absent. Revived the atmosphere of Belarusian nobleman Vladimir Okushko. Finished the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts, he arrives in a provincial area at that time, Kishinev, and very zealously taking the case: clearing the drawing selected by the school building, purchase necessary supplies and already in 1897 opened the first class. Not to say that the city fathers strongly supported this effort: from the budget allocated to low salaries of director and teacher Okushko for the year was about 20 rubles. In doing so, he cut and all subsequent years to continue to buy paints and canvases, to find lessons for the clay sculpture. Do not forget to help small and their pupils - the same Alexander Plamadeala no time to borrow money to pay for their education: to see that a talented boy, not like that he left. The main thing that made Vladimir Okushko during his tenure as Director of drawing school - immunized kishinevtsam love of painting, the understanding of art, his need for the harmonious education of children. His efforts have borne fruit. Grew beloved disciple, took the reins of government into their own hands and started to come to Chisinau famous artists of Russia, France, Germany, here a few times to exhibit his work, Russian Peredvizhniki, though each time indicated a keen interest in their public works. Life intellectuals began to rotate not only round balls and confectionery, the English club and the church. People become interested in art. It has been a little more than thirty years, and laid the foundation collections of the Art Museum.
The first location of the collection - in the halls of municipal primerii. Had two bright halls. Late autumn was inaugurated, it was delivered the allotted number of speeches, and the museum opened. People wandered the halls with delight - the middle class and not wanted to see so many paintings, collected in one place. Yes, and entertainment differs from the others, has long been familiar and annoying manner.
Oddly, the collection, by the time the order effuse, not strongly affected by the war. All of the valuable paintings preserved, after the evacuation back to Chisinau. In Soviet times the museum has held as many as three buildings, but with the onset of heavy transition, two of them fell into decay, so that collection is now mostly tomitsya in the reserves. To date, incidentally, it is not so small - more than 35 thousand works. Painting, sculpture, folk art as modern, and old masters, a collection of the Japanese charts, old Moldovan icons, manuscripts and books - the work can conquer even the most distant from human art. After all, at least get the book - each designed separately, with inserts of miniatures of famous artists, hand painted with a special font and heavy. Often, a silver frame.
In the museum you can to get an update on canvases by Rembrandt and Renoir, paintings Perov, Aivazovsky, Shishkin, Repin and Savrasov. Yes, and Interior Design Museum, the vast halls of the majestic buildings, to have peaceful contemplation paintings of great masters.
photo by Valerii Corcimari