International Center for Foreign Languages ILTC in Chisinau, said the 15 th anniversary and opened a new building. The ceremony, dedicated to these two important events for the Center, was held last Saturday. The invitation was a lot: students and graduates, honored guests and journalists. Solemnly cut the ribbon, ate cake and wrote wishes on balloons and sent them to the sky and congratulated each other for 7 languages ... In a word - beautiful.
- We started work in 1994. We had only three teachers were placed in four classes. But even then, the very first year, we have trained 887 students - remembering the executive director of the Center Victoria Galii - Now we employ 31 teachers, of which the 16 international qualification, that is, they can teach a foreign language at any point world. In the Center 20 advanced classes, and for 15 years, the Center received our certificates for more than 35 thousand people.
Now in the Center are taught English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian and Romanian. ILTC not for nothing called the world of foreign languages. Classes are held in London, Paris, New York, Mexico City, Toronto, Berlin, and everywhere there is something different, unique and even has his own Hollywood - a modern multi-media lab, where you can watch a good movie, go in to work on grammar and pronunciation .
- First and foremost we are all friends, and not only students of courses, the Center has become our second home, and teachers - family, - shared with journalists attending the boys and girls.
Kate Shilovo 17 years, student financial-banking College, the Center ILTC she began to learn German.
- Learning is much more interesting than school, we have a special atmosphere in the classroom, we constantly communicate with each other, learn from each other - tells the girl.
Begin their studies in ILTC can be 5-6 years. Programs are different: for young children, adolescents and adults in the group - no more than 15 people, or individually. Prior studies all are tested - to determine the initial level of language proficiency. After completing the course - also a test svoebrazny exam, showing what the student learned.
Plans - oriental languages
- Over the years, achieved considerable success, but special attention should be paid to our teaching methods. ILTC was the first center of foreign languages in Moldova, where the first started to use the communicative method of teaching foreign languages. In fact, ILTC revolutionize the entire educational process, taking the communicative teaching methods as a basis for the teaching of foreign languages. Particular attention is paid to developing skills in speaking and language learning in the process of communication. Feature of communicative approach is that teachers do not speak the native language to students, ie students to communicate in the target language from the very first lesson. This creates a linguistic environment in which students are "immersed" in the classroom, which allows to successfully overcome the language barrier - told reporters the executive director of the Center Victoria gallium.
All the work of the Center ILTC adapted the standards of the Common European Framework for Language Assessment (Common European Framework), which was developed by the Council of Europe for the unification of different scales are used to determine the level of language skill. The essence of the CEF is that it sets uniform standards that apply in all European countries in the teaching of foreign (European) languages, and assessing students. Setting uniform criteria for evaluation, CEF is the basis for mutual recognition of language qualifications in Europe. This means that the obtained in the walls ILTC certificate indicating the level of knowledge of the language recognized in other countries, undergo further tests to confirm their conversational skills will not have to.
At the center made ILTC not stop going ahead - the new and interesting projects
- It should begin to develop programs for the study of Oriental languages, especially that to us already treated with this issue. And I think that after a certain time, the center of a language is transformed into a cultural and educational - said it expects to Victoria.
And yet some people still believe that the languages they "are not given. This issue we could not ask the Director of the Center.
Are there people completely unable to study languages? No, I am absolutely sure - you can teach everyone. The thing in teaching, including whether the person interested in the classroom. The key to success in language learning depends on two important factors - the desire and diligence on the part of the student. And, of course, a good teacher. Our students in ILTC lucky - they have the one and another - with a smile replied Victoria gallium.
Nobody would deny the future for those who are dynamic, mobile and able to communicate in different languages. Foreign languages help us to learn many new and interesting, easy to learn and travel, to feel comfortable in any country. It remains only to learn to communicate freely with the world.