Condrica, sacred Nikolay Chudotvortsa's man's monastery. Visiting a monastery, you expect the certain solemnity even, perhaps, some пафосности - both from inhabitants of this haven, and from the place. It seems, even birds should fade in awe, and instead of a twitter only silently soar round church domes.
However, having arrived in Кондрицу, I have found out, that all is far not how it was represented from an asphalt haze of a city. Instead of pathos - violence of paints, instead of solemnity - a slow current of everyday life. And, the truth where to hasten? The life, it on that also is given to live it is sensible, without vanity and haste, in service and piety. To this rule follow now, followed and hundred years ago. Here, in Кондрицом a monastery, usages do not vary - even then when the monastery has been closed, the life passed the same turn.
The man's Kondritsky monastery for the sake of sacred Nikolay Chudotvortsa has long history. Its occurrence as, however, and origin of the majority of the Moldavian monasteries, is connected with a legend. Under the legend, гайдук Кондря, the shower which have ruined many in fights and battles, has decided to return by a peace life completely cleared. It has found the monk who has punished to it in expiation of sins to water a dry stub while on it branches will not grow. It is visible, the monk of a sin old гайдука has highly appreciated, after all the task became complicated that water for полива should be carried in a mouth. However, Кондря has not despaired and has zealously got down to business. You understand, what if at it left nothing - there would be no legend? However, the history holds back, how many days creation of this miracle has occupied, however, the stub has blossomed. In gratitude измаявшийся Кондря has put in pawn on this place church. On it the legend finishes the narration, the facts begin.
The end of XVIII century, to be exact 1783. On the Moldavian earth already there is a Kaprijansky monastery on which earth celibate priest Joseph has based a monastery. It is visible, did not accept the celibate priest a quiet life of a monastery, he has decided to leave in solitude Кодр and to spend the rest of the days in posts and моленьях. Soon some more monks who have by common efforts put in pawn the first wooden church have joined it. 1820 was marked by erection of the first stone church for the sake of St. Nikolay Chudotvortsa, through some tens years, in 1891-95гг. The second church of the Assumption of Divine Mother is erected.
Places in area Kondritsy were extremely fertile: dense wood, lake where it was possible to plant and fish, the extensive glades approaching for agriculture. Therefore there is a suspicion, yes sacred fathers will forgive me, that the life of inhabitants of a monastery passed not only near to an altar. The extensive economy demanded the, therefore the day beginning in a pray, proceeded in quite wordly works. It justified itself: a monastery gradually there were new cells, трапезная, economic constructions, apiaries.
With power change, in 1918, the monastery has separated from the Kaprijansky monastery, became independent. A little that has changed it in a monastery life unless efforts has added. Unfortunately, the XX-th century has brought a little good, the Kondritsky monastery became one of the first, closed by the Soviet power. Monastic strong walls were useful for the organisation of warehouses. And in the late fifties here even have opened пионерлагерь. Against the general atheistic propagation young pioneers easy perceived the hammered doors of church and могилки monks. With melancholy glanced, perhaps, only at a strong monastic fencing: it was painfully high, in "self-wolf" you will not run away. But to the children's heads it was quite cosy - constantly closed gate rescued from anxiety concerning a site of especially bright pioneers.
In the revival the monastery besides is not unique. In 1993 a monastery the prior - archimandrite Philaret is again opened, appointed. Now in a monastery of 18 inhabitants, and, certainly, inhabitants of neighbouring villages come on Sunday services. Having arrived to a monastery, you can try some grades of honey from monastic apiaries. «Garden Пресвятой of the Virgin» - so named the monastery the present prior of the Kondritsky monastery. It and the truth, is similar …