Appointment of ambassadors, sensitive issues. The prime minister Pawel Phillip and Prezident of Moldova Igor Dodon held a working meeting. Having discussed a question of appointment of ambassadors the summary followed:
The head of state very frostily spoke concerning some candidates from the list which is originally provided by the government and confirmed it with powerful arguments.
The president most seriously treats a question of appointment of ambassadors, and supports that the Republic of Moldova was represented abroad by the persons having necessary qualities for the best promotion of interests of our country.
As well as it was promised earlier, the President doesn't aim at creation of obstacles for diplomatic activities of the Republic of Moldova outside the country at all. But at the same time he strongly intends to study carefully each candidate for a position of the ambassador and to represent the offers where considers it necessary, in questions of appointment of ambassadors, and also their feedback from posts.
During the taken place discussion the question of a feedback of 10 ambassadors and appointment of 17 candidates was raised. The parties agreed with the beginning of the procedure of a request of a consent for group of applicants for a position of the ambassador of the Republic of Moldova in the following structure:
Candidate list and countries:
1. Mr. Andrey NEGUTsE – Ambassador of RM in the Russian Federation;
2. Mr. Aurel CHOKOY is the Ambassador of RM in the United States of America;
3. Mr. Victor SOROCHAN is the Ambassador of RM in Republic of Belarus;
4. Mr. Victor OSIPOV is the Ambassador of RM in the Republic of Austria;
5. Mr. Emil of DRUK – Ambassador of RM in the French republic;
6. Mr. Victor MORARU is the Ambassador, the Permanent Representative of RM in the Organization of the joint nations / New York;
7. Mr. Anatol VANGELI is the Ambassador of RM in the Hellenic Republic;
8. Da Violetta AGRIC is the Ambassador of RM in the Kingdom of Spain.
Discussions between the President and executive body on the matter will continue